Purpose driven life
Why are we talking about purpose under essential skills for successful living?
· Inherent/Natural desire in every person to succeed. However our perception of success is driven by our world view.
· Most people spend their whole life and time pursuing after EDUCATIONAL, CAREER, BUSINESS SUCESS.
· Life is a journey it has a starting and ending point. Some people are stagnant, others moving slowly, a lot are moving extremely fast but question is it in right direction. Only a few on the right track and still in the race pursuing the prize of their higher calling in life.
· What you do in between birth and death is to find & fulfill your purpose.
According to Myles Munroe there are 5 primary questions asked by every person at some stage of their journey in life:
1. Who am I really? – The Identity Question
2. Why am I here? – The Purpose Question
3. What can I do? – The Potential Question
4. Where do I come from? – The Source Question
5. Where will I go from here? – The Eternity Question
Why am I here? -"The greatest tragedy in life is to be alive and not know why Dr Myles Munroe
What is purpose?
The original intention for the creation of a thing. ~ Myles Munroe.
Therefore just because you are chasing after /focused on something your whole life does not make that thing your purpose. E.g. your ambition or your talent
What purpose is not- it is not Ambition i.e. when a man decides on something and makes it their life long pursuit it is called purpose.